[Music] Fw: [Linuxsampler-devel] Linux speaks Akai (2nd try)

Alexandre Prokoudine avp at altlinux.ru
Mon Apr 21 10:17:49 MSD 2003

Новости от проекта linuxsampler.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 21:39:57 +0200
From: Christian Schoenebeck <christian.schoenebeck at epost.de>
To: linuxsampler-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Linuxsampler-devel] Linux speaks Akai (2nd try)

Hi!

My first mail did not pass the mail distributor, because it was a
bit too large due to the patch. So now I have uploaded the sources
for the linuxed libakai:

http://stud.fh-heilbronn.de/~cschoene/projects/libakai/libakai.tar.bz2

	(19k)

These are the complete sources, not a patch. It's very small anyway.

And to make it a bit more covenient for you to get into it, I made a
small UML diagram to give you a quick overview. I just mentioned the
parts, methods etc. which are interesting from the aspect of
actually using the library. Parts which are considered to be
interior or not to be used by you are not shown here:

	http://stud.fh-heilbronn.de/~cschoene/projects/libakai/libakai.ps
	(38k)

I created it with TCM (http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~tcm/). Feel
free to add or correct things:

	http://stud.fh-heilbronn.de/~cschoene/projects/libakai/libakai.ssd
	(30k)

To test the library:
	- uncompress sources
	- if your machine uses big endian, set it in 'include/config.h'
	- 'make' it
	- insert Akai CD ;)
	- run the 'examples/DeviceAccessTest/devaccesstest' binary, which
	  should prompt you the contents of the Akai CD after a couple of
	  seconds

I did not care about the other example program, so it won't compile.

CU