[Music] [kouhia@nic.funet.fi: [Rosegarden-devel] Arabic notes + new note style]

Alexandre Prokoudine avp at altlinux.ru
Mon Sep 1 18:09:29 MSD 2003

----- Forwarded message from Juhana Sadeharju <kouhia at nic.funet.fi> -----

From: Juhana Sadeharju <kouhia at nic.funet.fi>
To: rosegarden-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Rosegarden-devel] Arabic notes + new note style
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 16:01:09 +0300

Hello. I checked out the arabic extra notes used in western
notation. The extra notes are shown with the following
accidental marks:
  http://www.funet.fi/~kouhia/arabicaccidentalmarks.jpg
(Note: the small dot in 4. and 6. marks must be printing error
in the book from which I manually copied the marks.)

The marks decreases and increases the notes by 50 cents.
Last we talkied about arabic notes, it was said that MIDI
cannot handle them. Maybe so, but I hope these marks go to
the note editor in Rosegarden just in case people implement
more better sequencer protocol. If you need further information
for the implementation, I can dig them out. I also have
arabic MIDI files if you're able to analyse them; maybe
they just don't play with the old arabic tunes?
I also have arabic samples and sample demos if you're
able to check if the tuning is pre-corrected in the samples.

How about adding the following editing/printing style to
Rosegarden (or to Note Edit)?
  http://www.funet.fi/~kouhia/156.jpg

Best regards,

Juhana