[Music] Fwd: [Agnula-Announce] AGNULA Final Phase]

Alexandre Prokoudine avp at altlinux.ru
Thu Nov 13 18:03:01 MSK 2003

----- Forwarded message from Richard Bown <richard.bown at ferventsoftware.com> -----

From: Richard Bown <richard.bown at ferventsoftware.com>
To: rosegarden-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Rosegarden-devel] Fwd: [Agnula-Announce] AGNULA Final Phase
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 11:13:11 +0000

For those that haven't seen it.  Has anyone here tried it yet?

Subject: [Agnula-Announce] AGNULA Final Phase
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 17:06:13 +0100
From: The AGNULA Team <info at agnula.org>
To: announce at lists.agnula.org

|                  ______ ______  _     _ _                       |
|            /\   / _____)  ___ \| |   | | |        /\            |
|           /  \ | /  ___| |   | | |   | | |       /  \           |
|          / /\ \| | (___) |   | | |   | | |      / /\ \          |

|         | |__| | \____/| |   | | |___| | |_____| |__| |         |
|         |
|         |______|\_____/|_|   |_|\______|_______)______|         |

     [Sorry for cross-posting.  Feel free to forward around]

Florence, 12 Nov 2003

+++ AGNULA Final Phase

The Agnula IST-Project is now entering the last phase of its lifetime,
which will  end in March 2004.   During this  last phase, our energies
are focuses on the development  of the 1.1  release and bug-fixing  of
the  DeMuDi and RehMuDi distributions, but  we are working on some new
and  exciting  (for   us and  hopefully for   you,  too) services  for
end-users and developers.

+++ The gruesome details

The Agnula IST-Project is now entering the last phase of its lifetime,
which will  end in March 2004.

After  releasing version 1.0 of the   DeMuDi and RehMuDi distributions
[1] our energies are now focused on the  1.1 release for DeMuDi and on
bug-fixing for RehMuDi.

Notwithstanding the  priority we are  giving to  our distributions, we
are working on some other  services that we hope  will prove useful to
the  general  community of libre  audio/video  software developers and
users.

Amongst these services:

- Weekly  Newsletter: we are  collecting  news and interesting tidbits
from all the relevant mailing lists, forums  and newsgroups devoted to
libre software and audio/video making,    which we will publish as   a
weekly newsletter.  If you have any contributions you  wish to make to
the newsletter, please write to newsletter at agnula.org.  If you wish to
help  out    with  our  newsletter, please   write   to Marco Venezian
<m.venezian at agnula.org>, our lead man for this project.

- Libre Streaming: we are evaluating the  possibility of setting up an
audio (and video?)  streaming  service  specifically devoted to  libre
music.  If you wish to discuss the  legalities and technicalities with
us,       please     join        users at lists.agnula.org [2]        and
developers at lists.agnula.org [3], respectively.

- Mailing List Archive: we  are setting up Lurker  [4] on our main web
server to collect in  a searchable archive  all audio/video  and libre
software-related  mailing lists we know of.   If  you feel like *your*
mailing list or a  mailing list  you know  of deserves to  be archived
there, please drop us a mail [5]

- YOUR service:   we are always   interested  in new ideas  users  and
developers of libre  software have for audio and  video work.   We are
more than  willing to host your web  pages, mailing lists, and helping
out *if*  your project is  devoted to  Libre Software and Audio/Video.
If you feel AGNULA could help you, please drop us a mail [5].

As always, your comments are most welcome.

Best regards,

The AGNULA Team                                   info at agnula.org
Our web site:                               http://www.agnula.org/
"There's no free expression without control on the tools you use"

[1] http://download.agnula.org/1.0/ (DeMuDi)
    http://download.agnula.org/rehmudi/ (RehMuDi)
[4] http://lurker.sourceforge.net/
[5] mailto:/info at agnula.org